All the doors produced by GBS are made from engineered or modified timber.
- Engineered timber is a three core-lamination of the solid wood which resists twisting and warping.
- Modified timber has undergone a process that changes how the timber performs.
- Softwood, Swedish Redwood - This can be almost clear of knots and defects in the engineered form.
- Softwood, Douglas Fir / Columbian Pine - Clear of knots and with a decorative grain
- Hardwood, Sapele, Mahogany - Heavy and durable
- European Oak - Decorative and durable
- Accoya - Modified softwood. Stable and durable
We also offer doors made using solid wood core plywood blanks into which we can cut glazing apertures and create panels and mouldings, very stable and durable.
Further decorative etched or stained glass can be provided along with a range of furniture to further embellish the style and finish.
Boarded doors, particularly the ledged and braced are the earliest style of door, dating from the Middle Ages they have evolved into a frame and filled door which adds stability in today’s environment.
Boards are tongue and groove with either a simple “V” or a beaded edge.
Framed Ledged and Braced.
Georgian Bar and Margin Doors:
Glazed doors allow light to pour into hallways and living rooms.